What a weekend.
The Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators British Isles 10th Anniversary Conference.
This was brilliant:
Jackie Marchant, Jeannie Waudby, Jeanette Towey, Nicky Schmidt,
Candy Gourlay, Ellen Renner
YOU GUYS ROCK!
Then there was this:
So many names: Mike Brownlow, Jason Chapman, Jane Clarke, Lucy Coats, Keren David ( Carnegie nominated – gasp!) Candy Gourlay (Also Carnegie nominated – gasp, gasp!), Savita Kalhan, Maxine Linnell, Anita Loughrey, Jon Mayhew, Sarah Mcintyre, Tamsyn Murray, Ellen Renner (shortlisted for West Sussex Book Award), John Shelley, Donna Vann, Lee Weatherly, Sheena Wilkinson – phew!
I was bursting with pride just being in the same room as these people.
This was great:
Ah! It was ALL brilliant :O)
And what did I learn?
- Combining news stories gives a great jumping off point for new ideas, thank you Keren David.
- Think about place as character. I bought a truck load of Marcus Sedgwick books after his inspiring talk.
- The pen portrait is magic. Miriam Halahmy as ever, your workshop was brilliant.
- I cannot resist fruit cake.
- I miss my kids when I’m away but, sometimes, it’s worth it.