I am SO EXCITED!!!
I still have a week until I head up to Edinburgh for the festival but I can’t sit still. I’ve already had my hair done and my petticoats are packed.
Last year I had an amazing time – this year I think it may be off the scale. Things I’m looking forward to:
- Catching up with SCBWI and Scotland based friends.
- Seeing beautiful Edinburgh again.
- Hanging around the author yurt and bumping into pals but also lolling outside reading and drinking Prosecco and making new pals!
- Hearing Laura Dockrill and Tanya Landman talk Pushing Boundaries. Tanya’s other two events are already sold out so I’m super lucky to be seeing her at all.
- Debating Gender in books and toys with SCBWI chair Sarah Broadly, the brilliant Lockwood and Co author Jonathan Stroud and David Levithan – author of one of my all time favourite books, Everyday. Aaaargh!!! I can’t believe that is actually happening.
- Discussing Debuting the Unusual with Penny Joelson – we’ll both be talking about why we write what we write – I love Penny’s debut, I Have No Secrets – it’s very unusual and let’s face it, More of Me is a weird book. It’ll be an interesting ( and revealing) discussion!
- Meeting readers in the book shop.
- Queuing up to get my books signed – the chatter in the queue is always book related and FAB.
Aaargh – am such a book geek and I don’t care who knows it. I am so lucky to be going again – hope to see some of you there – The Gender Debate is sold out but I think there are still tickets for Debuting the Unusual
Please come! Edinburgh International Book Festival is like a little corner of book heaven, come and share it!
Kathryn Evans is the author of More of Me, winner of the 2016 Edinburgh International Book Festival First Book Award, nominated for the Carnegie medal and winner of the SCBWI Crystal Kite Award 2017